Tagged: 娱乐地图UR

24
Dec
2019

BREAKING NEWS: DIVER KILLED OFF COAST OF DONEGAL

first_imgA man has died while diving off the coast of Donegal.A diver was killed of the coast of Donegal earlier today.The 45 year old man was among a group of divers in the water approximately four nautical miles off Malin Head.The man got into difficulty and was brought to the surface. At 7.50am this morning a distress signal on maritime channel 16 was sent to Malin Head Radio Coastguard.The coastguard immediately alerted both the Lough Swilly Lifeboat and also Rescue 118 helicopter from Sligo.“The called was sent to us at 7.50am and we immediately contacted the Lough Swilly Lifeboat and the Rescue 188 helicopter based at Sligo was also scrambled to the scene,” said a spokesman for Malin Head coastguard.However, a British Navy Sea King 177 helicopter which was in the area at the time got to the casualty first. He was rushed to Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry but was pronounced dead a short time later.The identity of the dead man, who was a Polish national, has not yet been released.The man and a group of other Polish nationals who were pleasure-diving at a depth of 43 metres on a shipwreck.He is the second diver to die this weekend.Another diver was killed while diving near Cork Harbour. BREAKING NEWS: DIVER KILLED OFF COAST OF DONEGAL was last modified: June 16th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Altnagelvin HospitaldeaddiverdonegalMalin Headlast_img read more

16
Sep
2019

CRC audit finds 17M in excess questionable costs

first_imgAn audit of the Columbia River Crossing found $17 million in excess or questionable spending, including larger-than-usual profit markups to project consultants and work that wasn’t authorized by contract in advance.The report from the Washington State Auditor’s Office, released Wednesday, “did not identify any financial misconduct or abuse.” But it called for the Washington State Department of Transportation to reconsider policies and procedures that resulted in at least some of the misspent money on the now-defunct project, according to the audit.The biggest chunk of questionable expenses was $12.3 million that went to firms with undisclosed overhead and profit markups, according to the report. Another $2.3 million was added to two contract task orders months after the orders were completed, according to the audit. Those changes were made without authorization, though the extra work was found to be consistent with the original contract.And the primary consultant on the project, David Evans and Associates, was overpaid by $1.45 million because of higher-than-usual markups, the report found.“We’ve had some sense that there were problems,” said state Sen. Ann Rivers, R-La Center. “That’s been confirmed.”At the direction of state lawmakers, the auditor’s office began examining the CRC last year, around the same time Washington pulled out of the proposed Interstate 5 Bridge replacement project. At that time, legislators didn’t authorize funding for the project itself — only $200,000 for a forensic audit.Oregon legislators pulled out of the CRC this year, effectively killing the $2.9 billion project. The CRC is expected to be completely shut down by May 31, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation.last_img read more