Tagged: 夜上海论坛新419

20
Oct
2020

Allsop’s investment team nets £45m birthday haul

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

24
Sep
2020

June 6, 2018 Police Blotter

first_imgJune 6, 2018 Police Blotter060618 Decatur County Fire Report060618 Decatur County EMS Report060618 Decatur County Law Report060618 Decatur County Jail Report060618 Batesville police Blotterlast_img

08
Sep
2020

Oyo SWAN Installs Ajimobi as Grand Patron

first_imgAbiola Ajimobi Sports Writers’ Association of Nigeria (SWAN), Oyo State Chapter on Thursday installed Governor Abiola Ajimobi as its grand patron.The governor was decorated by the SWAN Chairman Niyi Alebiosu alongside other executives and members of the association during a well-attended event held at Lekan Salami Sports Complex.Several other events were held at the same venue to commemorate the governor’s 69th birthday celebration.Other events include the final match of Oyo State Governor’s Cup as well as a novelty match between the State Executive Council and Oyo State House of Assembly.Mr. Niyi Alebiosu, the state SWAN Chairman said the investiture of the governor was to appreciate his contribution to sports development in the state. He said the governor has been very supportive to Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) and Crown Football Club of Ogbomoso both owned by the state government as well Russia 2018 World Cup viewing centre set up by the governor.The SWAN chairman also appreciated him for supporting the state contingent to the ongoing National Sports Festival in Abuja, where the contingents had secured several medals.Meanwhile, players and management of 3SC also appreciated and honoured the governor for his unflinching support to the team.Ajimobi in his remarks said the series of activities to commemorate his 69th birthday would foster mutual understanding, love and peace.He promised to continue to support sports development in the state, appreciating all for the honour bestowed on him.Hundreds of residents who had earlier staged a walk around the metropolis in honour of the governor had thronged the stadium to commemorate with the governor.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

28
Aug
2020

Local school district approves bid for repairs

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich.— Pied Piper School will enter into phrase two of repair work starting this summer. Board members of the Alpena, Montmorency Alcona educational service district approved a bid last week for school repairs.Students and staff  can expect a new roof, replacement of ceiling tiles and a public address system. Since the first phase approval, aging boilers were replaced and new hot water heaters and classroom ventilators were installed.The cost of the project is 25,000 dollars  including renovations at the district office. Superintendent Scott Reynolds says, community support of special needs has helped to fund facility improvements.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Michigan DNR unveils new license purchasing systemNext Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney applies for open seatlast_img read more

25
Dec
2019

Miscues costly for Blair

first_imgGLENDALE — Blair High School’s football team came close to earning its first victory of the season Thursday night against Hoover thanks to a solid start and a surprising fourth quarter rally. Unfortunately for the Vikings, a string of costly third quarter turnovers negated those positives and resulted in a 38-30 nonleague loss at Glendale High. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 The Vikings tacked two-point conversions onto each of the scoring plays to make it a one possession game but could not get the ball back with enough time to threaten again. Blair got back into the game by forcing turnovers, but the Vikings’ own carelessness with the ball also proved to be their undoing. A late second quarter interception of Vikings quarterback Steven Austin inside the Hoover 30 killed a drive that could have tied the game. But it quickly turned into a two-possession game when the Tornadoes kicked a field goal as time expired in the half. Trailing 24-14 at halftime, Blair fumbled at the Hoover goal line after a 60-yard drive to open the third quarter. Later in the quarter, consecutive Blair fumbles deep in its territory set up Hoover for consecutive touchdowns and a 24-point lead. center_img Trailing 38-14 at the start of the final quarter, Blair took advantage of three fourth quarter fumbles by the Tornadoes — two of which led to touchdowns. The first TD came on a 67-yard fumble return by Ronnie Jackson with 5:14 to play. Just 3:45 later, Cedric Jolly cashed in on another Hoover turnover with a 48-yard touchdown run on the first play after the turnover. last_img read more

18
Dec
2019

Mbeki delivers Darfur report to AU

first_img“So it is still the responsibility of the Sudanese state to act on those matters.” An African Union (AU) panel on Darfur, headed by former South African president Thabo Mbeki, has submitted its report to the pan-African body. Mbeki argued, however, that for justice to be effective, it had to be accompanied by peace and reconciliation. 9 September 2009 Mbeki said the panel’s research turned up no desire among Darfuris for independence from Sudan. However, he noted that while Darfuris didn’t want to secede from Sudan, their feelings of marginalisation and underdevelopment should be recognised. “The resolution of the conflict in Darfur has to be brought about by the Sudanese people themselves and cannot be imposed from outside,” Mbeki said at the handover in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Source: BuaNews “That root cause is the marginalisation and underdevelopment of Darfur as a result of policies and practices implemented throughout Sudan during both the colonial and post-colonial periods,” Mbeki said. Delivering the panel’s findings to AU Commissioner Jean Ping on Thursday, Mbeki said that the Darfur conflict could only be resolved by the Sudanese people. He pointed out that while the panel’s mandate had been confined to Darfur, they had had “no choice but to consider the wider Sudan setting as it relates to the resolution of the conflict in Darfur”. Justice, peace and reconcilliation Mbeki said all parties in the region agree that Sudan’s judicial system must take the lead role in Darfur war crime prosecutions. “Whatever the ICC might have done does not absolve Sudan from acting on crimes that might have been committed,” he said. The panel was created in February as the International Criminal Court (ICC) was about to prosecute Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who was charged with two counts of war crimes: pillaging, and intentionally directing attacks against civilians. “Our interlocutors also recognised the reality that the objectives of peace, justice and reconciliation in Darfur are interconnected, mutually independent, equally desirable and cannot be achieved separately from one another,” he said. ‘No desire to secede’last_img read more

28
Nov
2019

UK will seek anti-gang ideas from US: David Cameron

first_imgPrime Minister of United Kingdom David Cameron says that Britain would seek solutions from the United States on gang violence and authorities would get strong powers to stop street mayhem from erupting again.Prime Minister of United Kingdom David Cameron said that Britain would look to the US for solutions to gang violence and authorities would get strong powers to stop street mayhem from erupting again.Prime Minister of United Kingdom David Cameron said on Thursday that Britain would look to the United States for solutions to gang violence after nights of riots and looting, and promised authorities would get strong powers to stop street mayhem from erupting again.Cameron told lawmakers he was “acting decisively to restore order on our streets,” as police raided houses to round up suspects from four nights of unrest in London and other English cities.Steve Kavanagh, the deputy assistant commissioner of London’s Metropolitan Police, admitted the force initially did not deploy enough officers to control the outbreak of violence, saying “it is clear we did not have enough numbers on duty to deal.”Cameron also acknowledged that police had been overwhelmed by mobile groups of looters in the first nights of the rioting and said authorities were considering new powers, including allowing police to order thugs to remove masks or hoods, evicting troublemakers from subsidized housing and temporarily disabling cell phone instant messaging services.He said the 16,000 police deployed on London’s streets to deter rioters and reassure residents would remain through the weekend.advertisement”We will not let a violent few beat us,” Cameron said.While Britain’s streets were clear of looters for a second night in a row, the toll of the riots continued to climb. A 68-year-old man who was attacked during rioting in west London as he tried to put out a fire died late Thursday, police said in a statement.Richard Mannington Bowes had been in a coma since Monday. Police said a murder investigation has now been opened into his death.Lawmakers were summoned back from their summer vacations for an emergency session of Parliament on the riots as government and police worked to regain control, both on the streets and in the court of public opinion.During a session lasting almost three hours in which he faced 160 questions from lawmakers, Cameron promised tough measures to stop further violence and said “nothing should be off the table.” He said that included water cannon and plastic bullets – though senior police have said they don’t feel the need to use those at the moment. He also said officials would look at “whether there are tasks that the army could undertake that would free up more police for the front line.”Cameron said he would seek American advice on fighting the street gangs he blamed for helping spark Britain’s riots.He told lawmakers that he would look to cities like Boston for inspiration, and mentioned former Los Angeles, New York and Boston Police Chief William Bratton as a person who could help offer advice.Bratton said in a statement he’d be “pleased and honored” to provide services and counsel in any capacity, adding that he loves London and has worked with British police for nearly 20 years.Cameron told lawmakers he wanted to look at cities that had fought gangs “by engaging the police, the voluntary sector and local government.””I also believe we should be looking beyond our shores to learn the lessons from others who have faced similar problems,” Cameron said.He said the government, police and intelligence services were looking at whether there should be limits on the use of social media sites like Twitter and Facebook or services like BlackBerry Messenger to spread disorder.BlackBerry’s simple and largely cost free messaging service was used by rioters to coordinate their activities, Cameron’s office said.Britain’s Home Office said it planned to hold talks with police chiefs, Twitter, Facebook and Blackberry manufacturer Research In Motion Ltd.Facebook looks forward to meeting with the home secretary, the company said in a statement, adding that it has taken steps in recent days to ensure that any credible threats of violence are removed from the social networking site.Government officials said they were discussing with spy agencies and communications companies whether messaging services could be disabled in specific areas, or at specific times.Authorities are considering “whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality,” Cameron said.Cameron said that, in the future, police would be able to order people to remove masks, hoods or other face coverings when they suspect them of concealing their identity to carry out a crime. Currently, police must seek approval from a senior officer.advertisementCommunities Secretary Eric Pickles confirmed that powers that allow authorities to evict convicted criminals from government-subsidized housing will be strengthened. Authorities have the power to eject someone from social housing if they commit a crime, but only if the offense is in their own neighborhood.Pickles said he hoped the power would be more widely used, and that it would apply to crime committed anywhere.A program that can ban gang members from meeting together, loitering in certain places, or displaying gang insignia will also be extended, he said.Some lawmakers urged Cameron to take even tougher measures. Conservative Party lawmaker Peter Tapsell said he recalled law enforcement officers in Washington, D.C. in 1971 rounding up anti-Vietnam war demonstrators and imprisoning them in a sports stadium. Tapsell asked Cameron if London’s Wembley Stadium, the country’s showpiece soccer arena, could be used. Cameron insisted the stadium would be used only for “great sporting events.”Parliamentary authorities confirmed Thursday that a petition calling for those convicted of offenses during the riots to lose welfare payments could be debated by lawmakers. Earlier this month, Britain began an initiative under which online petitions with at least 100,000 signatures will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.Authorities said the petition crossed the threshold on Thursday – the first to do so – and would now be studied by a committee that decides on Parliament’s business.Britain’s riots began Saturday when an initially peaceful protest over a police shooting in north London turned violent. That clash triggered wider lawlessness that police struggled to halt.Across London, and then in cities throughout England, rioters set stores on fire and looted shops for sneakers, bicycles, electronics and leather goods. For the first couple of nights there were too few police on the streets to challenge them.That changed Tuesday, when 16,000 officers were deployed on London’s streets – almost three times the number of the night before.Police swooped on houses across London on Thursday, detaining suspects and retrieving stolen goods. The number of people arrested since Saturday rose to 1,009, with 464 suspects charged.Birmingham remained in focus as tensions remained high after three men were killed in a hit-and-run incident as they took to the streets to defend shops from looting. Police on Thursday arrested three more men on suspicion of murder – a 16-year-old, a 17-year-old and a 26-year old. A 32-year-old man arrested a day earlier was released on bail.Scenes of ransacked stores, torched cars and blackened buildings have frightened and outraged Britons just a year before their country is to host next summer’s Olympic Games, bringing demands for a tougher response from law enforcement and calls for the government to scrap plans to cut police budgets.Cameron’s Conservative-led government is slashing 80 billion pounds ($130 billion) from public spending by 2015 to reduce the country’s swollen budget deficit – measures that include curbing police budgets. A report last month said the cuts will mean 16,000 fewer police officers by 2015.advertisementNormality was being restored in London Thursday, although soccer authorities announced that Tottenham Hotspur’s season-opening match against Everton on Saturday was being postponed.Nine other Premier League matches due to be played this weekend across the country are due to go ahead.As authorities attempted to dispense swift justice to rioters, there were chaotic scenes at courthouses, several of which sat through the night to process scores of alleged looters and vandals, including an 11-year-old boy.The defendants, mostly young but otherwise diverse, included a teenage ballerina, a university English student from a prosperous commuter town and Natasha Reid, a 24-year-old university graduate who admitted stealing a TV from a looted electronics store in north London. Her lawyer said she had turned herself in because she could not sleep because of guilt.Also due to appear in court were several people charged with using Twitter and Facebook to incite violence.-With inputs from APlast_img read more