Super Evil Megacorp, the mobile game developer behind Vainglory has announced a strategic partnership with Razer, the lifestyle brand for gamers. The partnership will see the two work together to further advance mobile esports and it follows the recent launch of the Razer phone.Cloud9 lifting the Unified Western Championship trophy (Credit: Ravi Lakhani/Super Evil Mega Co)The two companies collaborated for the launch of the Razer Phone in the UK, San Francisco and at DreamHack Winter 2017 in Sweden. The partnership will see a Vainglory event held at the Microsoft Store in New York City, and Razer will now be the title sponsor of the Vainglory World Championship in Singapore. The Vainglory World Championship is edging ever closer, and will take place at the Kallang Theater in Singapore between the 14th and 17th December and will feature the twelve best Vainglory teams in the world battling it for superiority. Singapore will be a fitting host as it’s where Vainglory’s alpha was first launched and is home to Razer’s Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. The World Championship will also showcase for the first time Vainglory’s 5 versus 5 mode which has been eagerly anticipated by the community for quite some time. “Super Evil Megacorp and Razer share the same fundamental belief, that gamers are gamers no matter the device they play on, and deserve the best experience that technology has to offer,” said Kristian Segerstrale, CEO of Super Evil Megacorp. “We’re honored to partner with Razer at a very exciting time, to further advance our mission to bring the best gaming experience possible on mobile devices.”“With a 120 Hz UltraMotion™ display and Dolby Atmos® and THX®-certified audio hardware, Razer Phone was perfected for playing Vainglory on-the-go,” says Min-Liang Tan, CEO and co-founder of Razer. “We are incredibly happy to support Super Evil Megacorp with the only smartphone that can handle the maxed framerates and audio capabilities of Vainglory, their mobile MOBA played by gamers all over the world.”Esports Insider says: Congratulations to both Super Evil and Razer on what we’re sure will be a fruitful partnership. We look forward to seeing a first glance at the five versus five mode.
Metatarsal injuries usually take weeks, if not months to recover from.Just last year, Neymar’s international team-mate Gabriel Jesus was out of action for two months after breaking a metatarsal with Manchester City, and has struggled with further injuries since.Neymar’s status for #PSG against Real Madrid will be in question after this nasty ankle injury … pic.twitter.com/krFQTavVgG— Goal (@goal) February 25, 2018Former England stars David Beckham and Wayne Rooney spent six weeks on the sidelines with metatarsal injuries in the past, with both still arguably being rushed back too soon for the 2002 and 2006 World Cups respectively.Brazil fans will also be keeping a close eye on Neymar’s fitness, especially after he missed their 2014 World Cup thrashing by Germany with injury.PSG, who lead the French top flight by a massive 14 points, also said that Brazilian centre-back Marquinhos had picked up a leg muscle problem.Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2 Neymar carried off the pitch on Sunday’s game against Marseille where he picked the injuryParis, France | AFP | Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar suffered a sprained ankle and a fractured metatarsal when he was stretchered off in Sunday’s win over Marseille, the Ligue 1 leaders announced on Monday.The Brazilian, who signed for PSG in a world-record move from Barcelona last year, is now a serious injury doubt for the Champions League last-16 second leg against Real Madrid at the Parc des Princes on March 6.PSG trail in the tie after a 3-1 first-leg defeat in Spain, with their hopes of a maiden Champions League title taking a further body blow with the confirmation of Neymar’s injury, although they didn’t specify how long the 26-year-old would be out of action. “Additional examinations performed today (ultrasound and CT) confirmed an external sprain of the right ankle, but also an associated fissure of the fifth metatarsal,” PSG said in a short statement.The chances of Neymar returning to fitness in time to face the reigning European champions now appear extremely slim.He is all but certain to miss Wednesday’s French Cup quarter-final against Marseille and the weekend’s Ligue 1 visit to Troyes, with the Real clash just three days later.
By John BurtonRED BANK – It took a little longer than initially anticipated, but it was worth the wait, said Matteo Ingrao, owner of Char Steakhouse.“I’m pleased with everything,” Ingrao said of his Broad Street establishment that opened in late February.Customers enjoy the bar in Char Steakhouse, a recently opened restaurant on Broad Street, Red Bank.What Ingrao has found especially pleasing has been the way the steakhouse’s large rear dining room looks and how the restaurant’s bar turned out. The bar, he said, was constructed in the front of the restaurant, very visible from the front doors. “I like that – the visual aspect of that,” he said.Char, 33 Broad St., was under construction for more than nine months with work taking 45 to 60 days longer than Ingrao initially anticipated.“Hurricane Sandy, don’t forget,” he mentioned as to one of the reasons for the longer construction period. Also, as anyone who has ever refurbished a building knows, “It’s like when you open up an old can. You don’t know what’s inside,” he said.At some point in the past there was a fire in the structure, causing some additional work and necessitating some redesigning as the project progressed. Work included creating rooms that didn’t previously exist in the building that was completely remodeled and expanding the bar area and installing some booths. “So people can come in, nosh and have a drink,” he said. The crowd that arrived fairly early on Char’s full night of operation in late February immediately proved that “our bar is a winner,” he said.The three-story building, located on the corner of Broad and Mechanic streets, previously was Ashes, a restaurant and cigar bar that closed in summer 2010.In February 2012 when Char owners Ingrao and his brother, Luciano, won planning board approval for their project, their architect, Jeff Cahill, said the design would could combine elements of a traditional steakhouse – warm colors, a lot of wood – with modern accents, including the two-story glass wall looking out on to Broad Street.While Cahill said last year the project was expected to cost approximately $2 million, Ingrao declined to discuss the final cost.The design of the Red Bank restaurant is different than the Char Steakhouse owned by Ingrao in Raritan in Somerset County.What is primarily the same is the menu, he saidBoth locations feature steaks. Ingrao said he loves the rib-eye cut and West Coast oysters – the restaurant features a raw bar – and a variety of seafood and chicken courses.Ingrao says he noticed, “There seems to be big lobster fans in the area.” The restaurant sold out on its first night.Good cuts of meat and expensive seafood, however, do not make a good restaurant. Ingrao, who has been in the restaurant business for more than 20 years, said what makes a good spot is “consistency of food and service.”Everyone who walks through our door, they’re our clients, spending their hard-earned money. So we want to earn their trust,” he said.Char Steakhouse is open daily at 4 p.m. for dinner.
Steve Mota scored two touchdowns for the Vikings, including an 80-yard run in the first half, and passed for another score to lead the Castlegar offence.The game was a seasaw affair with the lead exchanging hands throughout the contest.With Castlegar leading 21-15, Nelson marched down the field for the tying score.However, with time running out Bryan Lauzon kicked a single point giving the Vikings the win.In the early game, a short-staffed Dam Inn Mates team was no match for the surprisingly hungry Brewers.Action resumes Sunday at Mount Sentinel with Vikings facing Brewers at 11 a.m. and the top two teams in the league, Dam Inn and Hour Glass, taking to the field at 1 p.m. Watch out everyone, the Castlegar Vikings are making their late-season run.Pretty much counted out in most games this season, the one-time heavyweights in the West Kootenay Men’s Flag Football League score a late single-point to edge Nelson’s Hour Glass 22-21 in action Sunday at the Mount Sentinel Field.In other action, the Brewers upset previously unbeaten Dam Inn Mates 22-15.The two wins sends a message to Hour Glass and Mates, the top two teams in the league, the bottom feeders are coming.
Universal Music Group, largest of the “big four” music companies, has made the single largest donation of music ever to the Library of Congress. The donation consists of over 200,000 metal masters, discs and tape from the late Twenties to 1950. Highlights include the master of Louis Armstrong’s version of “Ain’t Misbehavin” and Les Paul’s “Guitar Boogie.”Although conserving such a large and important collection of American music is important in general, what makes it really exciting are the plans to digitize it and make it available online.Librarian of Congress James H. Billington said the country’s recording history is compromised by neglect. Tags:#Government#music#web 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout Related Posts 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App curt hopkins 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… “A surprisingly high percentage of America’s recording heritage since the early part of the 20th century has been lost due to neglect and deterioration. The donation…will help maintain the inter-generational connection that is essential to keeping alive, in our collective national memory, the music and sound recordings meaningful to past generations.”In fact, a congressional study found only 14 percent of commercially recordings made before 1965 are available to the public and only 10 percent of music released in the U.S. in the 1930s can be accessed by the public.The recordings will be digitized at the Library’s Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation in Culpeper, Virginia, where the masters will also be stored. The Library is preparing a dedicated website to debut in the spring on which they will stream recordings from the collection.From Ella to Pine TopOther highlights in the collection include the following. Ella Fitzgerald’s and Louis Armstrong’s duet “Frim Fram Sauce”Bing Crosby’s 1947 version of “White Christmas”The Mills Brothers’ “Paper Doll”Josh White singing “Jim Crow”Machito and his Afro-Cuban All Stars Mercury recordingsClarence “Pine Top” Smith’s “Now I Ain’t Got Nothing At All”Additional artists represented include Billie Holiday, Tommy Dorsey, Irving Berlin, Jimmy Dorsey, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, and Dinah Washington. Subsidiary labels include Decca, Mercury, Vocalion and Brunswick.Given this is the first collection of masters donated by a major recording company, the hope is that other such companies will follow suit. One can see the wisdom of donating 5,000 linear feet of masters that are no longer being used and are taking up commercial space.The 200,000-plus recordings provide a tangible bump to the Library’s audio collection of about 3 million items.We sent a host of technical and access questions to the Library but, despite repeated requests, never got answers to them. 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…
Touch Football in Australia is going from strength to strength on the back of its partnership with the National Rugby League. The alliance between Touch Football Australia and the NRL occurred in late 2013 and since then the profile of Touch Football has increased dramatically. So much so that a Mixed Touch Football All Stars series like that of the Rugby League will take place on Saturday. The Indigenous Touch All Stars will take on the TFA All Stars at Suncorp Stadium in a two-match series on Saturday, with the latter to be played just prior to the kick-off of the Harvey Norman NRL All Stars fixture. A match will also be played on Friday afternoon to make it a three-match series. Events like Saturday, accompanied with high profile sponsors such as Harvey Norman, are giving the sport the exposure it needs. This exposure is turning into high participation levels and an increasing supporter base. Pathways are now there for talented men and women to turn their Touch Football skills into a career with the NRL.Touch Football requires agility, fitness and speed â€“ all of which are important components of rugby league and NRL clubs are on the lookout for the next fleet-footed superstar.Four-time Touch Football World Cup winner and TFA All Stars representative, Kylie Hilder, says the partnership between the two codes has done wonders for the profile of Touch Football in Australia. â€œIâ€™ve been in the game a long time and itâ€™s only been since the NRL has come on board with the alliance that Touch Football has just gone through the roof,â€ Hilder said. â€œI think people are just starting to realise that Touch Football is not just a game that people might play as a warm up or and off-season game to rugby league. â€œYou need to have skill and be an athlete to play Touch Football at a high level. â€œI really like the fact that the NRL clubs are starting to realise that this partnership is bringing more people to their game as well. Many rugby league players started their sporting journey in the sport of Touch Football. Both Australian international Scott Prince and New Zealand international Shaun Johnson started their careers stepping around defenders in Touch Football competitions. Prince, now retired from rugby league, has returned to Touch Football. A participant in the Indigenous All Stars Touch Football team last year, Prince is now a mentor for the 2016 team.He says the partnership has created opportunities for both men and women to create a career doing what they love. â€œItâ€™s massive. It raises the profile of Touch Football,â€ said Prince. â€œThe NRL has some fantastic supporters and sponsors of it. Itâ€™s been great to see Harvey Norman jump on board with a Touch sponsorship throughout all the platforms. Through the national leagues, the World Cup and now the All Stars week. â€œI think even the fact that the number of pathways that this partnership creates is something special. Whether itâ€™s through the women that move onto rugby league. The boys can push on from Touch and go into the rugby league. â€œItâ€™s an opportunity for players like me who have retired from rugby league who still think they can contribute without the full on conflict and training. That is what makes this partnership so perfect.â€Related LinksNRL All Stars
Stuttgart register interest in Liverpool striker Solankeby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveStuttgart have entered the race to sign Liverpool youngster Dominic Solanke.The 21-year-old has been unable to see any action for the Reds this season in the Premier League.He is wanted by a number of clubs, but Stuttgart have the most serious interest.The news comes from German outlet Kicker.Stuttgart are third from bottom in the Bundesliga, with one of the lowest goals scored figures in the division.They are desperate to add a quality striker in the January transfer window. TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
The Prime Minister is responding to new allegations against his Minister for Sport, Calgary-Centre MP Kent Hehr.Following the allegations against Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown, at least two women stepped forward on Twitter and spoke about Minister Hehr and his time serving in the Alberta Legislature. One claims women felt unsafe to get in an elevator with him due to inappropriate comments, another claims a similar problem, alleging Hehr once said to her, “you’re yummy.”My poltical #metoo movement @kinsellawarren . I’ve debated this. But that’s the power of sexual harassment. My first day working at the Alberta legislature I was told to avoid being in a elevator with Kent Hehr. He would make comments. He would make you feel unsafe https://t.co/Wm0pDWLvwZ— Kristin Raworth (@JC4ever) January 25, 2018None of these allegations against Hehr have been proven but when asked about it in Davos, Switzerland during the World Economic Forum, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he has been unequivocal in his support for women who step forward with allegations like this.“I haven’t yet had the opportunity to speak directly with Kent, I will in the coming hours and we will have more to say before the plane lifts off tonight,” he said.This is not the first time Hehr has faced controversy over comments. He was alleged to have said to a group of thalidomide victims “we all have sob stories”, and in another incident when asked about why Ottawa continues to fight sick women, Hehr allegedly responded saying that it was a “loaded question” like “When did you stop beating your wife?”
Chennai: The Madras High Court Monday issued a notice to the Tamil Nadu government on a petition from Nalini, a life convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, seeking to appear as party in person to argue her plea for six months ordinary leave in view of her daughter’s marriage.When her miscellaneous petition came up for hearing, a division bench of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and Nirmal Kumar granted time till June 11 to the additional public prosecutor for filing a counter. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’It also gave liberty to Nalini to approach the summer vacation court in case of any urgency for early hearing of her miscellaneous petition filed on her habeas corpus plea. A habeas corpus plea is a petition which is filed to ensure a person under arrest is brought before a court which will determine whether the detention is legal. In her plea, Nalini submitted that she has not availed any ordinary leave in the past over 27 years since she was lodged in the prison. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KNalini submitted that she had to make certain arrangements for the marriage of her daughter, Harithra alias Megra, who is presently residing with her grandparents in London. She has sought a direction to the government and the prison authorities to produce her before the court enabling her to present her case personally. Nalini was convicted in the case and sentenced to death. It was subsequently commuted to life term. Besides her, six others are serving life imprisonment in the case related to the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on May 21, 1991.
Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen conceded a late penalty against Sevilla, but later made amends by saving it from Wissam Ben Yedder in injury-timeGoals from Gerard Pique and Ousmane Dembele had given Barcelona a 2-1 lead over Sevilla, after Pablo Sarabia’s ninth-minute opener, on Sunday’s Supercopa de España encounter.But the Catalan squad’s good work in Morocco appeared to have come undone when Ter Stegen conceded an injury-time penalty that could have forced the game into extra-time.However, the German made up for the error by saving Ben Yedder’s spot-kick to ensure that Barcelona got their season off to a winning start.And, speaking after the win, Ter Stegen revealed that he was never going to miss the penalty.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“I think it’s a penalty, but I can’t move out of the way either,” said the 26-year-old, via Marca.“I’m happy to win this title, the important thing is to win.“We are a team that knows how to win and we must always prove that.”Barcelona will next begin the defence of their La Liga crown against Alaves next weekend.