Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? MOST READ Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Photo from Fiba.comChot Reyes makes the final three cuts in his 15-man pool Thursday on the eve of Gilas Pilipinas’ first round clash with Japan in the Fiba Asia World Cup Qualifying series at Komazawa Olympic gym in Tokyo.Team Philippines has been in the Japanese capital since Tuesday as Reyes and his staff continue to figure out which best 12-man team can compete with the hosts that will be bannered by naturalized player Ira Brown and talented center Joji Takeuchi.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold PLAY LIST 06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold01:45Explosive Gilas Pilipinas not yet at its best, says Tim Cone00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Andray Blatche, June Mar Fajardo, Japeth Aguilar and Calvin Abueva will lead Reyes’ frontline against Japan, which is also tall and agile because of Takeuchi and Brown.Reyes would have to decide on whether or not to include Kevin Alas on the roster since the other guard he has in the pool, Kiefer Ravena, seems to be a shoo-in owing to very impressive showings ever since making the Gilas team in the Jones Cup last July.Jayson Castro, twice voted as Asia’s best point guard, could slide into the No. 2 spot, which also gives Reyes the option to include Alas in the team as a back-up to Ravena.After the Friday game, Team PH returns home the following day and will play Chinese-Taipei on Monday at Smart Araneta Coliseum.The Philippines is shooting for no less than a sweep of its first two games for the momentum heading into a clash with world power Australia in February.ADVERTISEMENT Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ GALLERY: Askren, Aoki face off for ONE: Immortal Pursuit The match against the Japanese is set at 7 p.m. (6 p.m. in Manila), and the Philippines will be playing that game without its leading scorer in the last Fiba Asia Cup, Terrence Romeo.Romeo did not make the trip because of a nagging leg injury, and Reyes would have to find the right combination that would come up with the 17.8-point average that the 5-foot-10 point guard churned out in Lebanon.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBack on the throne“Not yet, we’re still deciding,” Reyes said in a text message to the Inquirer Wednesday afternoon, one day ahead of the Fiba deadline.The team managers’ meeting, slated Thursday afternoon, is the final day for both teams to decide as Japan will also trim down a 14-man pool. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES That game will be played Down Under, and so will the return match against the Taiwanese also in February.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has told the club’s official website he signed Steven Caulker based on his aerial ability.The QPR centre-back has moved to Anfield on loan for the rest of the campaign to cover for a string of injuries Liverpool have suffered in defence.Caulker had been on a season-long loan deal at Southampton, but this was scrapped after he failed to establish himself in the Saints’ first team and to enable him to join the Reds.Klopp said Liverpool’s high-tempo pressing game required someone to win headers, which is why he targeted Caulker.He said: “We want to press the opponents so they have to play long balls. If they play long balls, you need the people in the last line who can help you win headers. We found it with Steven Caulker.“We are absolutely convinced that Steve is the best solution for us so I’m looking forward to working with him.”Sunderland showed an interest before Liverpool – who faced a central-defensive crisis after injuries to Martin Skrtel, Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho – made an approach for the 24-year-old.Caulker, who has one England cap, hoped for a move to Liverpool before he eventually joined QPR from Cardiff City for £8m in 2014.The Merseyside club were linked with him but did not show a significant interest before the Feltham-born Caulker settled for a return to west London.See also:QPR bank £1.5m as Caulker joins SaintsFans on Twitter react to Caulker’s loan move to SouthamptonSunderland interested in QPR defender CaulkerEight players QPR will offload if a deal can be doneFans on Twitter react to Caulker’s Liverpool moveQPR’s Caulker secures move to LiverpoolFans on Twitter react to Caulker’s strange debut against ArsenalFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
QPR fans on Twitter seem split over the news that striker Sebastian Polter will be allowed to leave the club should a suitable offer come in.West London Sport revealed on Tuesday that while R’s boss Ian Holloway is in no rush to offload the German, he would happily sell to allow for reinvestment in the squad.Holloway said changes would be made quickly in the January transfer window – with Tjarron Chery and Karl Henry set to leave – but some supporters would not be happy to see Polter go.@WestLondonSport that is madness @polti1991 is the heart of the team and when fit a match for any defence in the championship #sebmuststay— balhampa (@balhampa) January 3, 2017@WestLondonSport I would like to keep Polter. A very hard worker.— Truth and Justice (@number8buser) January 3, 2017We scored 3 goals in December and will get rid of Polter ? He is not prolific scorer but defenders don’t like to play against him for sure— Alex Petronov (@Hoopsap) January 3, 2017Not bothered about Chery or Henry but wouldn’t want to see Polter leave in my opinion. #QPR— Matt Littlewood (@matt_85) January 3, 2017Not sure I’d let Polter go, must have a striker lined up?— Alistair Hopkins (@AliHoops1882) January 3, 2017However others feel that Polter, who has scored 10 goals in 51 league appearances since being signed from Mainz in the summer of 2015, does not offer the sort of goal threat required in the Championship.@Swiss_knottsy1 @WestLondonSport @polti1991 Too inconsistent and doesn’t score enough. Average’s a goal every 5 games, we need better.— TBATW (@TBATW_) January 3, 2017Really hope Polter goes https://t.co/9KAsCfyiqM— D-Kersh (@David123Kershaw) January 3, 2017Still can’t get my head around the fascination with so many over polter, never been prolific 1 goal in over every 5, shocking stats— Rob Lathwell (@roblath83) January 3, 2017I’m glad #qpr considering selling Polter as we were far too direct when he played— Abiola (@AbiolaHP) January 3, 2017No problem in selling Polter nice guy great attitude but let’s be honest he ain’t good enough #QPR— Russell Maynard (@MrRussellmyn) January 3, 2017 Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest As growers across the Eastern Corn Belt prepare for the 2017 growing season, one major issue that continues to be a challenge is weed control. Now is an appropriate time to make plans for control of weeds, especially aggressive, herbicide resistant species. Palmer amaranth is an aggressive plant that thrives in drought, can grow more than 2 inches a day, is resistant to multiple herbicide modes of action, and produces 100,000 or more seeds per plant. Many populations of this weed are resistant to multiple herbicide modes of action. Palmer amaranth has been observed to emerge from May through September. The key to keeping Palmer Amaranth from establishing itself is implementing management practices to effectively eliminate seed production and hinder its ability to spread.Tips for controlling Palmer amaranth 1. Scout for and identify problem weeds early. Palmer Amaranth is a pigweed species and can easily be confused with other pigweeds, such as redroot pigweed, during early growth stages. It is critical to identify weeds correctly in order to keep them from spreading. Universities such as Ohio State, Purdue, and Michigan State have excellent fact sheets with pictures to aid in weed identification.2. Start with a weed-free seedbed. Effective burndowns or deep tillage will help control Palmer Amaranth and will allow growers to begin the season with a weed-free seedbed. Apply herbicides when the seedlings are less than 4 inches tall.3. Use residual herbicides. Use of residual herbicides will control seedlings at emergence and limit the number of plants that will need to be controlled by post-emergence applications. This is especially critical in soybean fields, where effective post-emergence options are very limited 4. Crop Rotation. Rotation from soybeans to corn will allow for the use of additional herbicide modes of action (herbicides used in corn) that are effective at controlling Palmer Amaranth.5. Hand Weeding. If plants escape normal management practices, removal before they produce seeds is essential. If a seed head has formed, place a trash bag over the seed head before removing the plant from the field to eliminate the spread of seeds across the field.6. Manage drainage ditches, field borders, etc. Regularly mowing ditches, waterways, field borders, etc. will help control the spread of this weed. Although weeds growing in ditches do not directly compete with field crops, they will produce seeds and promote the spread of Palmer Amaranth.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Ohio Ag Equipment announced the acquisition of Columbiana County AGCO dealer, Witmer’s, Inc., effective June 19, 2017. The acquisition of Witmer’s, Inc., Equipment Division demonstrates Ohio Ag Equipment’s serious and long-term commitment to the ag industry. The combined strengths of both organizations will provide customers in eastern Ohio with an exceptional line of equipment and product support.“In our early discussions, it was clear the Witmer family had two concerns. They wanted to be sure their customers and employees would be supported through this process and in the future,” said Mike Mampieri, General Manager of Ohio Ag Equipment. “We, at Ohio Ag Equipment, can appreciate these concerns and will work to build on the Witmer legacy by providing outstanding customer support and by welcoming our new team of employees into the extended Ohio CAT family.”Doris Witmer, Ralph Witmer, Ken Taylor, owner of Ohio CAT, Nelson Witmer, Grace StyerGoing forward, ag sales and service will continue out of the Salem, Ohio location and with the current staff. Ohio Ag Equipment will continue to sell and support Woods and the AGCO brands Witmer’s represented (Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Sunflower, White Planters, and Gleaner) with the addition of the Challenger, RoGator, and TerraGator brands. Also, the Salem location will now sell and support LEXION combines and Cat Compact Construction Equipment.“We are pleased to be working with a company like Ohio Ag Equipment as we transition out of the Agricultural Equipment business. Their obvious commitment to customer service and strong management team will serve our generations of customers and employees well,” said Nelson Witmer, President of Witmer’s, Inc. “As we continue our 80-year history by focusing on our growing construction company we are gratified that the farm equipment legacy our family developed over three generations will not only be honored, but strengthened.”
OTTAWA — Canadian military police and prosecutors are being forced to adapt as they wait for the Supreme Court to rule on whether the military-justice system is constitutional.That includes having to weigh which charges to lay in new cases and proceeding with lesser charges or dropping them altogether for some pre-existing cases.The changes follow a lower court’s bombshell ruling last fall that found military tribunals are not the same as a trial by jury for serious civilian offences such as murder and sexual assault.Military prosecutors appealed that decision to the Supreme Court, which heard arguments from both sides in March, but has yet to issue its own decision on the matter.Military officials say 40 cases in the system before the lower court’s ruling have been affected, including several where charges were changed or cases were referred to civilian authorities, and three that were dropped entirely.Military police are also facing harder decisions on what charges to lay in new cases as the military-justice system cannot try serious cases and the civilian one doesn’t usually deal with military-specific charges like insubordination.The Canadian Press