ESPN Releases Its Prediction For Michigan-Notre Dame

first_imgNotre Dame's mascot running with a flag.SOUTH BEND, IN – SEPTEMBER 17: The Notre Dame Fighting Irish rally performs September 17, 2011at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana. Notre Dame defeated Michigan State 31-13. (Photo by John Gress/Getty Images)Michigan at Notre Dame is one of the premier match-ups of College Football Week 1. The two rivals square off at Notre Dame Stadium on Saturday night.Michigan is looking to get the offense on track, with Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson set to start after being granted immediate eligibility.Notre Dame is a talented team once again, with a sturdy defense, but once again has questions in the passing game. Incumbent starting quarterback Brandon Wimbush gets the nod, but Ian Book waits in the wings if he struggles to improve, and true freshman Phil Jurkovec has impressed in camp.The Fighting Irish are a narrow favorite to win at home. Brian Kelly’s team is currently a one-point favorite in the game.That would indicate that Michigan would be a slight favorite on a neutral site. Home field advantage is generally worth about three points on a line.What does ESPN think about the contest right now?Here’s the early prediction:ESPN’s FPI gives Notre Dame a 68.3 percent chance to win this weekend’s game, giving Michigan a 31.7 percent chance to take the W.ESPN's FPI prediction for Michigan at Notre Dame.The two teams will square off at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.Who are you taking?[ESPN]last_img

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *