LOUIS VAN GAAL has revealed that Daniel Levy fled his house in a car BOOT back in 2014, after the pair had held talks over the vacant Tottenham job.The Spurs chairman was hoping to avoid the prying eyes of a local journalist.3 Levy was keen to secure van Gaal as Tim Sherwood’s successorCredit: Getty Images – Getty3 The Dutchman joined Man United instead after negotiations took ‘too long’Credit: PA:Press AssociationVan Gaal was seen as a leading contender to replace the sacked Tim Sherwood at White Hart Lane, but Levy took “too long” to seal the deal.The 68-year-old revealed: “Daniel Levy went to my house here in Noordwijk and left in the trunk, because Jack van Gelder [a local journalist] was outside.”It took a long time and he actually gave Manchester United the opportunity to make an offer.”The Red Devils announced the appointment of the Dutchman on May 19, before he lead his country to a thrilling run to the World Cup semi-finals that summer.His two years at Old Trafford saw him secure fourth and fifth placed finishes in the Premier League.The second of these seasons also saw van Gaal seal FA Cup glory at Wembley.3But he was sacked less than 48 hours later, to be replaced by Jose Mourinho.Van Gaal hasn’t worked in football again since leaving United, announcing his retirement from football last year.Meanwhile, having been spurned by LVG, Levy moved for Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino, confirming the appointment on May 27.MOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50’ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’PicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidThe Argentine became a heroic figure in N17 over the next five years, securing the club’s highest ever Premier League finish and getting his side playing swashbuckling football.But he was sacked in November last year, just six months after taking Spurs to their first ever Champions League final.Like van Gaal, he too was replaced by Mourinho.Robin van Persie reveals brutal Man Utd exit after ‘ruthless’ Van Gaal sat striker down and told him ‘you have to go’
15 000 plus people are expected to pour into the stadium today to watch the final game of the season.The stakes couldn’t get any higher than this, the winner to have bragging rights as champions of rugby league in the country.Being seasoned grand finalists, the Gurias will want to make right their wrongs after their humiliating 34-8 loss to the Hela Wigmen in last year’s grand final.For the Lions, waiting nearly two decades to play in a grand final is more than enough motivation to drive the Simbu boys home to a win.In their two meets this season, both sides came away with a win each.The Lions narrowly beat the Gurias 12-10 at home in round 12.Round 15 saw the Gurias take their revenge at Kalabond when they thrashed the Lions 34-6.The grand final kicks off at 3pm.Before this will be the curtain raiser which is the third and fourth place play off between the Hela Wigmen and Lae Tigers at 12pm.
3. Bastian Schweinsteiger – 20154. Radamel Falcao – 20145. Morgan Schneiderlin – 20156. Matteo Darmian – 20157. Víctor Valdés – 20148. Henrikh Mkhitaryan – 20169. Guillermo Varela – 201310. Timothy Fosu-Mensah – 2014THE TOP 5With the exception of the regularity of Juan Mata and the magnificent season of Ibrahimovic upon his arrival in Manchester, the best rated have been signed this season. Maybe because of that little wear they still have their hopes on them. The leader, without a doubt, the last to arrive: Bruno Fernandes.1. Bruno Fernandes – 20202. Juan Mata – 20143. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – 20164. Aaron Wan-Bissaka – 20195. Harry Maguire – 2019 Sir Alex Ferguson said goodbye to Manchester United winning a Premier League in 2013. Almost seven years have passed since then and 32 new signings have worn the Red Devils jersey at least once in league competition.The British newspaper “Daily Mirror” has listed the best and worst businesses of the club at a time when four different coaches have already passed: David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, José Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.THE 10 WORSTWorld stars who came to Old Trafford and lost all their shine. Disastrous businesses, as in the case of Alexis Sánchez or Di María, many millions wasted and returns far below expected, such as Falcao, Mkhitaryan or Schweinsteiger.1. Alexis Sánchez – 20182. Ángel Di María – 2014
Hydel High School was presented with $200,000 towards the school’s sports programme, during FLOW’s Journey to Champs stop, at the Ferry-based institution on Monday.The second stop on the Flow Journey to Champs route was well received as the students enjoyed the show provided by the telecommunications and media company.Corey Bennett, Vice Principal and head coach of the track and field team, said they were thankful for the assistance from FLOW as they continue preparation for the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls’ Athletics Championships, which will run from March 15-19 at the National Stadium.”We are very pleased; we would have been doing something special to attract support for three years. Any assistance we get is good. This is the third year that they (FLOW) are coming here and it was a good vibes,” Bennett told The Gleaner.Hydel High finished second behind champions Edwin Allen High in the girls’ section last year and they are hopeful of doing better by getting more points.”I thought we were quite prepared for Champs, but did not perform to expectations at Western Relays last Saturday. We still have some work to do in order to achieve our objective this year at Champs,” he disclosed.Stephen Miller, FLOW’s sponsorship manager, said this year’s ‘Journey’ that started at Jamaica College two weeks ago provided a big buzz.”It is good, Champs fever is in the air, the atmosphere is electric. The students and athletes are eagerly anticipating the big event. We are pleased to continue to contribute to the schools,” he added.The entertainment saw the students having a good time as popular deejay Chi Ching Ching gave a good performance.Champs title sponsors, GraceKennedy, were also on hand and provided products for the students.The next stop on the FLOW Journey to Champs route will be at Kingston College this Friday, starting at 1 p.m.
DOHA, Qatar:Seven Jamaicans will be in action on today’s first of 14 Diamond League meets in this the seventh year of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) track and field series.Among the Jamaicans slated to face the starter when the 23-event meet gets under way at 9:41 a.m. (Ja time) in Doha, Qatar, are Hansle Parchment and Omar McLeod. The two are in a star-studded 110m hurdles field, which will also feature reigning Olympic champion Aries Merritt and his American compatriot David Oliver.Twenty-two-year-old McLeod, fresh off his 60m hurdles World Indoors triumph and his sub-10 100m run, will be aiming to give an impressive showing on his first Diamond League outing.”I am just trying to go out there and have fun and try to execute a good race. I just want to make a great debut to my Diamond League season,” McLeod told The Gleaner.World and Olympic medallist Parchment opened his season with a 13.42 stroll but believes the conditions in Qatar will see him clocking an improved time.”The temperature is much better, so it is one thing to look forward to. I am feeling good so far, so I am just going to go out there to execute my best race possible on the day,” Parchment said.The country’s most successful Diamond League athlete, 400m hurdler Kaliese Spencer, will renew her rivalry with two-time reigning World Champion and Olympic bronze medallist Zuzana Hejnova of the Czech Republic.The Jamaican looked on course for a Diamond Trophy last year only for Hejnova to win the last four meetings and pip her to the prize.Spencer, who is celebrating her 29th birthday today, won the 400m hurdles Diamond Race in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014. She has, however, since changed coaches, having left the Stephen Francis-led MVP to join Bert Cameron’s Blazers.Having opened her season with a modest 56.39, Spencer is hoping to gift herself a victory with a much improved time.”It is my 29th birthday, so I want to come out with a victory. That would be something special,” Spencer said. “It would be good to run a 54 (seconds) right now. It is a bit early. Anything faster, I would be grateful, but somewhere in that region.”TRIPLE JUMPER SHANIEKA THOMASThe first Jamaican in action will, however, be triple jumper Shanieka Thomas, who comes in with the longest jump so far this season after her personal best effort of 14.57m in Kingston last month.The 24-year-old can expect to face strong competition from two-time World Champion and Olympic silver medallist Caterine Ibarguen of Colombia.The very competitive women’s 100m field will feature two Jamaicans, Veronica Campbell-Brown and Simone Facey.Campbell-Brown, who won the Diamond Trophy in the event in 2014, is looking forward to the competition.”I am excited. My objective is just to go in the race and focus on what I have to do and run a good race,” said Campbell-Brown.The Jamaican duo will have for company Dafne Schippers, who took silver in the event at last year’s World Championships; American Tori Bowie, who shares the world-leading time in the event, 11.00 seconds; with Facey also in the line-up.Nickel Ashmeade will line up in lane eight when he goes against Qatar’s Ogunode Femi in the men’s 200m. The fastest man in the field so far this year will be American Ameer Web (19.91), and he will be joined by compatriots Walter Dix and Isiah Young.This season’s Diamond League will feature a new points structure, which sees the top six finishers in each event gaining points instead of just the top email@example.com
The United Nations Security Council last Thursday unanimously adopted a resolution declaring the Ebola outbreak in West Africa a threat to international peace and security. The Council mandated UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to establish the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER). A day later the 193-member UN General Assembly adopted its own resolution approving the Security Council’s on UNMEER’s establishment. The Assembly called upon all Member States to fully support the new UN Agency.The President of the General Assembly, Sam Kutesa, warned that “Without quick and decisive action, the trail of devastation this outbreak leaves behind will reach far beyond the portions of West Africa most affected up to now.”The Secretary General has already announced the establishment of the UNMEER to stop the outbreak, treat the infected, ensure essential services, preserve stability and prevent further outbreaks.UNMEER will be headquartered in Accra, Ghana, with offices in the three most affected countries. Accra’s Kotoko International Airport is to be used as the “vital air-bridge” for the receiving and transshipment of Ebola-related equipment and supplies to the affected nations.World Health Organization (WHO) Director General, Dr. Margaret Chan, has declared that UNMEER is likely to be “the greatest peacetime challenge that the United Nations and its agencies have ever faced.”The UN System Senior Coordinator for Ebola, Dr. David Nabarro, will provide strategic guidance to the Mission. The Secretary-General meanwhile plans to appoint a Special Representative to head UNMEER and accelerate support to the countries and people most affected by the Ebola crisis.“The Mission will rely on the support of the entire UN system, in particular the critical technical expertise of the World Health Organization (WHO), and will work closely with Member States, regional organizations, civil society and the private sector.”We believe that UNMEER’s establishment is great news, even though it may seem to have come almost too late. That was the same assessment which American journalist Laurie Garrett gave the United States’ intervention, through which it is sending in 3000 troops to fight the deadly Ebola virus in the three most affected West African countries—Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Yes, we do not know why it took the world so long to respond to this catastrophe. People are now comparing this belated response to President George W. Bush and the United States government’s slow response to Hurricane Katrina that devastated New Orleans and killed hundreds. Some blamed it on racism, since New Orleans is predominantly black.The WHO Director General, Dr. Margaret Chan, has herself called the Ebola outbreak “. . . not just a public health crisis. This is a social crisis, a humanitarian crisis, an economic crisis and a threat to national security well beyond the outbreak zones.”Dr. Chan is not new to this massive health crisis. While serving as Director of Health in her native Hong Kong in 1997, she confronted the first human outbreak of H5N1 avian influenza. She also successfully defeated the spate of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in Hong Kong in 2003; and launched new services to prevent disease and promote better health.Yet it has taken the WHO, under her leadership, a full six months to respond in a serious way to this Ebola crisis. The world, in particular the people of West Africa, need to know what happened. We are not here criticizing Dr. Chan or her organization, WHO. However, people need to know why it took them so long to give a speedy and decisive response to this terrible health crisis that beginning day one last March caused people to start dropping dead first in Guinea, then in Liberia and Sierra Leone. Now, by the time everyone is rushing in to “help,” a staggering 2500 lives have been lost. Also, the Atlanta-based Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other expert organizations have predicted that the Ebola virus could mutate (change) and spread, affecting and killing more people in its catastrophic path.We hope that the new UN Agency, UNMEER, together with the efforts of the 3000-strong American military contingent, will make a quick difference and stop this terrible and tragic virus in its tracks.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Anyone with more information regarding the disappearance of Denny, please call the Dawson Creek RCMP at 250-784-3700 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477. DAWSON CREEK, B.C. — As of Friday, it has been three weeks since Denny Poole was last seen on Highway 97 — just over a kilometre south of the Kiskatinaw River Bridge.The RCMP says the 15-year-old and a friend were attempting to walk from Dawson Creek to Fort St. John on March 12, but Denny never arrived at his intended destination, nor did he return home. He was last seen at 7:30 that night.The two teens wandered the highway and backroads for about 20 hours, taking what they thought to be short cuts of the back roads, but the police say it appears they kept getting turned around and did not make much headway.- Advertisement -Investigators once again are turning to the public to assist them in checking any wooded areas in a wide radius from where Denny was last reported being seen.Denny is described as a First Nations, standing as approximately 5’7″ tall and weighing between 120-130 lbs with short black hair and brown eyes.He was last seen wearing a grey DGK Sweater, black jeans, Osirus running shoes, and carrying a black backpack.Advertisement
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The RCMP are looking for the public’s help after two people allegedly tried to abduct a flagger working on Highway 29.On August 4, 2019, at 9:30 a.m., the RCMP were called about the attempted abduction. The RCMP say a dark blue van with silver striping approached a road flagger on Highway 29 near the Szoo Road at around 9 a.m. The van came to a stop near the lone female flagger, and a caucasian male opened the van’s rear doors. The male exited the van and attempted to pull the woman inside.The flagger struggled with the unknown male, who eventually got back in the van and drove off toward Hudson’s Hope. The male appeared to be caucasian, and the victim did not recognize this person.- Advertisement -Currently, Fort St John RCMP Frontline members are partnering with RCMP members from Hudson Hope, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson and Grande Prairie in an attempt to identify the suspect or the vehicle in this incident.RCMP members are currently canvassing neighbouring properties to speak with witnesses, or to obtain any video surveillance they may have.Traffic Services members in North District have been made aware and are currently looking for any vehicles that match the description.Advertisement The van is described as;dark blue with silver stripingchrome on the front grillebarn style rear doorsThe suspect is described as;caucasian maleapproximately 5’9no accent when he spoke“We’re asking for anyone who was in the Charlie Lake area to try to remember if they saw a vehicle matching this description to call the RCMP,” says Sgt Joelle LaChance, A/Operations NCO of the Fort St John RCMP. “Your dashcam footage may be able to help us identify the suspect in this crime”.The Fort St. John RCMP are asking anyone who may have been in this area at the time of this incident and may recognize this van, the suspect or have dashcam video footage to contact the Fort St. John RCMP at 250-787-8140.Advertisement
1 Nice starlet Vincent Marcel has agreed personal terms with Tottenham, claim reports in France.The midfielder caught the eye in France last season and Nantes have been tracking him during the current window.But, according to Foot Mercato, the 20-year-old has now provisionally agreed to join Tottenham.Spurs are said to have offered Marcel a five-year deal and he has jumped at the opportunity to work with Mauricio Pochettino.Tottenham now need to agree a fee with Nice for the Frenchman, who still has four years on his present deal. 20-year-old Nice midfielder Vincent Marcel
Division 2B Burt 2-1 Slaughtneil 1-8Division 2A Setanta 1-10 Swatragh 0-16HURLING: ULSTER LEAGUE RESULTS was last modified: February 5th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:HURLING: ULSTER LEAGUE RESULTS